Children’s Universe Preschools provide a variety of developmentally appropriate curriculum’s, especially designed for infants, toddler, and preschoolers, to foster cognitive, social and physical development, as well as creativity. Additionally, we prepare our Pre-K children for Kindergarten with a focus on the Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) that will be used at the next level of their education.
We integrate STEAM into our lessons through a specialized, preschool STEAM curriculum. STEAM is the combination of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. STEAM activities help support curiosity, creativity, and innovative thinking.
The Reading Curriculum Includes:
- Uppercase and lowercase letter recognition
- Rhyming words and word families
- More than 450 books and beginning readers
- Sentence structure
- Parts of speech
Our reading curriculum spans the entire range of early reading, from learning the names of each letter and the sounds they represent to being able to read books, starting with a few words on a page and gradually advancing to paragraphs. The curriculum for first grade also includes writing and language skills, such as sentence structure and punctuation, parts of speech, and practice with writing genres.
The Math Curriculum Includes:
- Recognizing and counting numbers 1–120
- The base ten system
- Place value
- Addition and subtraction
- Names and attributes of 2D and 3D shapes
- Length, time, and money measurement
Our math curriculum teaches numbers, addition and subtraction, shapes, patterns, measurements, and more! Our games and creative activities make math fun while giving young learners the practice they need to build a strong foundation for success.
The Science and Social Studies Curriculum Includes:
- The body and health
- Plants and animals
- Weather, climate, and the seasons
- Earth’s environments
- Regions of the United States
- The Solar System
- Matter and its properties
Our science and social studies curriculum helps children understand the world they live in and inspires curiosity.
Socialization and Good Manners
We have curriculum to support positive interactions with one another and to support polite behavior, working well with others and good manners.
Health & Safety
Health and safety at Children’s Universe are top priorities. We are committed to ensuring that your child thrives in a warm, safe and secure environment.
- Locked entrances requiring codes to enter
- Our schools have locked entrances requiring electronic codes to gain access.
- Security Cameras
- Cameras in classrooms that are monitored by management staff in the front office.
- We utilize a specialized sanitization company – Dis.In.Fx – to Safeguard our schools with industry-leading disinfection methods bolstered by meticulous swab testing protocol. Ensuring an environment that’s not only clean but scientifically validated. This is the gold standard in facility protection against illness for over a decade.
Plus, our staff ensures additional daily cleaning and sanitation of classrooms, toys, tables, nap mats, changing pads, etc. Teachers ensure children’s hands are washed frequently throughout the day.
Food & Nutrition
Caring for your child includes providing nutritious meals that kids enjoy! We have health professionals review our menus to provide us with feedback on Texas Rising Star and Federal Food Program protocols to ensure healthy menus.
We plan our menus to include foods that are delicious and healthy, so children can receive the required nutrients in foods that they enjoy. For infants, our staff will closely follow your specific feeding instructions.
Our menus are posted weekly, so parents stay informed on what their children are eating.